A Journey to ancient Ephesus
he Ancient City of Ephesus is one of the crown jewels of mankind’s greatest cultural and historical heritage.
Ephesus is home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Temple of Artemis (completed around 550 BC and destroyed in 401 BC by a mob led by St. John Chrysostom); as well as being one the of the seven churches of Asia that are cited in the Book of Revelation, and the supposed site of writing of the Gospel of John.
You will take a walk in the ancient streets, as well as seeing hints of wealthy urban lifestyle at the height of Roman and Greek civilizations.
You will take an early morning- flight to Izmir and then transfer to Ephesus. On the way, you will pay a pilgrimage visit to the House of Mother Mary.
This Christian and Muslim shrine is located in the vicinity of Ephesus; and it is believed by many that Mother Mary, was taken to this stone house by Saint John and lived her last days there. Her final resting place is also nearby.
You will then visit the ancient city of Ephesus, the Roman capital of Asia Minor. Your tour will include the Odeon, the Marble Street, the Hadrian Temple, the Celcius Library and the Great Theatre.
After lunch, the tour will take you to the Basilica of St.John.
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred to Izmir airport and take a return flight to Istanbul. You will be met at Istanbul Ataturk Airport and transferred back to your hotel, to end your journey.
Per person: 390 €
Prices do not include 18 % V.A.T.
- • Transportation by air conditioned vehicles.
- • Fully escorted by an English speaking tour guide.
- • Admission fees, Lunch.
- • Airport transfers.
- • Drinks and all personal expenses.
- • Domestic flight tickets.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- • Cancellation can be done a night before for half day morning and full day tours in Istanbul and 4 hours prior to afternoon tour avoid penalty, otherwise full tour rate will be charged.
- • Children 11 and younger receive 50% discount.